This Subsea Unit
replaces 100 tons deck equipment
This Subsea Hydraulic Power Unit (SHPU) for Riserless Light Well Intervention (RLWI) is developed in close cooperation with our Client, Aker Solution. The system is tremendous cost efficient and replaces 100t deck equipment which is required for a traditional workover operation.
Feedback from our customer
«By utilizing the Envirex SHPU on Aker Solutions’ well intervention systems, we can improve optimization of offshore operations and reduce total expenditure for our customers. SHPU is next-generation technology for communicating with Aker Solutions subsea assets, such as trees, and well axxess sustems. SHPU replaces some of the conventional topside equipment which means less deck space required and an optimized crew composition»
Kristian Grjotheim – VP Subsea lifecycle services, Aker Solutions
How we engineered it
The SHPU are designed with a closed loop hydraulic control system, combined with a subseaWOCS Gateway, enabling full control of subsea assets via hydraulic and electric flying leads.
Electrical power and communication are provided through the ROV system and are transformed in a built-in subsea transformer to power up and communicate with the Subsea Electronic Module (SEM(s)) located on the subsea XT.
Electrical power and communication interface from SHPU to subsea assets is provided via Electric Flying Lead (EFL).
The light weight of the SHPU allows the unit to be installed as a “stand-alone” unit on top of the Well Control Package
- Extreme Capex & Opex reduction
- Replaces 100T deck equipment (MCU, HPU, Reels and umbilicals ++)
- Allowing use of LWI Vessel instead of Drilling Rig
- Plug & Play – Enables control of LWRP without use of umbillical and requires no modification on subsea assets
- Umbilical less use, operated thru ROV
- Reduced POB (People on Board)
- Reduced mobilisation and demobilisation time
- Safe and reliable operation